Sunday, March 21, 2010

And the decision is?????

Well with the economy the way it is I'm a bit nervous about retiring! What can I say, I've gotten really used to the security of a job in education and the thought of trying to find a job right now is a bit scary! After speaking with the retirement consultant I did learn a few things and found out that I will financially be good! I just know me and realize that I have got to find something to do with my life to keep me busy. I'm way too young to draw retirement from all of my retirement accounts, however because I will have worked for 30 years for one group I can draw my retirement right after I do in fact retire!!
And with the wedding in June of 2011 it will give me a chance to save another year! I've also asked Michael Richards to send me any and all projects extra so that I can have that additional money without feeling it so badly!!

So I've made the decision and I"m happy with it! I cannot believe that I have worked for the same school system for 29 years at this point! The time has just flown by. I can't believe Jordan is 20 years old, a junior in college and getting married next year! I'm going to make every effort to enjoy this last year and prepare for the next chapter in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment