Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Spending time with Family for Christmas

Going to my hometown and visiting family is always fun and an adventure!! We try to get together everyday for a little something everyday whenever I come home......they love to spend time with me!! I've also tried to spend some time with my daddy at the nursing facility. All he really wants is to go home, but that's really not just possible and it's hard every time I leave him.
 
 Me with daddy. Got him the new blanket because he is always cold! Also got the dancing Santa by the window for some entertainment.
 
Tonight we celebrated Christmas and we are leaving for home. Just love spending time with them and then we played some Wii Wheel of Fortune, boys vs. girls and the girls STOMPED the boys, especially after AJ (who had the controller) couldn't spell c-h-i-c-k-e-n correctly, hee-hee!! And he didn't even realize it until we all busted a gut laughing!!!
Usually all of these meetings with family mean food, and I mean food!!! We have the best cooks in our family! Lots of desserts that are the best, along with lots of other goodies and unfortunately this means that I have probably gained weight in just the few days that I have been here!  Going to have to work really hard and TRY to stop eating (that's the hard part!).
We draw names so not everyone will get or give a give when you open gifts when you do Christmas this way, so it doesn't look fair, but it all works out in the end!!
Here are some pictures of our celebration and thinking of family that can't be with us and hoping they will have a wonderful Christmas as well!!

 Ben got a Nike dry fit shirt
 AJ with the ever popular CASH!!



I got a beautiful dish and spoons from Bali!!

Rebekah got Walmart gift card!



I love all of you guys and wish we could all be together Christmas! 
Merry Christmas to all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment