Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Just a quick post to wish you all the very best in 2011! As with most of us, it's a good time to reflect and think about the coming year and all of our hopes, wishes, and dreams. I am not one for resolutions, however as I've gotten older and this time of year comes around you think about all of the small things that really make a difference. With retirement, just 5 months away (Woo Hoo!) and Jordan's graduation from college (Woo Hoo!) it causes me to be thinking about the next chapter in Cheryl's life, I thought I would publicly share some of my resolutions/promises......

1. to be kinder to everyone, even that driver that cuts me off or rides on my tail...
2. to spend most of my time with family and good friends, for they are what really matter the most!
3. to quit worry about the things that I don't have control over, yes this one is especially difficult because I am a control freak, but realize there is SO MUCH that I cannot control and you must let go and let God deal with that and rely on him for help!
If I can do those three things on a daily basis that would be so AWESOME!! I really hate to try and say that I'm going to lose weight or stop eating so much, even though they should be at the top of my list, so I won't, but they are always on my mind and will publicly acknowledge that here as well!! Just will also add.....

4. eat more healthy and not so much
5. exercise daily because it really does help me feel better!

What are your thoughts on the New Year and what it will bring for you??

The future depends on what we do in the present - Mahatma Gandhi
The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment