Monday, May 16, 2011

Graduation Weekend

What a great week this has been!! Retirement party, College Graduation, and Birthday party!  We've had a lot to celebrate at the Mitchell's this weekend!
But the most important of all is Jordan completing her undergraduate degree at UGA. Those of you that know me and how I love my Florida Gators, know how hard it is for me to cheer for those Georgia Bulldogs. However Friday night I didn't have any problem doing just that! 

I'm so proud of my daughter and her accomplishments! She has finished college in 3 years, when many kids are taking up to 5 years, and she did it with a cumulative GPA of 3.90, Summa Cum Laude! There are just not enough words to express the pride I feel as a parent! She has grown into a wonderful young woman and will do great things!

I have made a movie/video of several of the events from Friday. Watch if you wish....it is 7 minutes long, but includes highlights from the day. The fireworks at the end of the ceremony were a wonderful way to end the night!!




Photobucket
I have learned that Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.
Booker T. Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment