Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Scrapbooking

Recently attended ScrapJam Scrapbook Retreat in Covington. I do love to scrapbook, in fact you could say that I'm quite passionate about it. I've been doing this since high school, however not at the same level I am at now. I have gone totally digital now and it's so much easier for me to keep everything together. And the biggest thing is when I attend these retreats I bring my laptop, scanner, external hard drive, and a few extra things and I'm good to go , in essence one bag with my supplies. The others are lugging in all of their paper, stickers, cutting tools, punches, and all sorts of paraphernalia in large rolling carts (I know because I do still have a couple of those!) There is one girl that even brings her own printer now, I do you love you Rhonda, but gosh that's a pile of stuff!!!
There is always a theme to our retreats and this year's was western and they even included a beautiful cake for us to enjoy on Saturday night!! Here are a few pictures from the retreat.
Fun cake

Our room and my buddy Suzanna Zumbro who sat across from me!!

Pegi Henderson helping Judy.

Rhonda Kennedy with some cool glasses with lights.....she bring her own printer!!!

I love it because I do love actually looking at my pictures and remembering the events. I want to remember my families history and preserve it for the future generations as well.
As a result of this love and passion, and finding myself retired at this point, I am considering starting a business that will put together scrapbooks. This is for those that just can't get those photos organized, or get their memories put together into a digital scrapbook that can be shared with family. 

Do you think there is a need or possibility that this type of business would fly?? I've mentioned to a few of my friends and at least two mentioned they wanted one for gifts for family for Christmas! I'm still exploring this option and what prices and services I would offer. Do you have any specific requests/suggestions for what I might include? Please leave a comment and tell me what you think! Then look for future posts announcing plans!!


Photobucket 





Leftovers in their less visible form are called memories.  Stored in the refrigerator of the mind and the cupboard of the heart.  ~Thomas Fuller

3 comments:

  1. I actually met a woman at a Meetup Group last week who makes digital scrapbooks for people! So yes, there is a market for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bernadette! I appreciate it.....I do believe there is a market for it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! Absolutly there is a need for it. I have had so many people ask me to do one (traditional of course)for them. I still have so much to do for me there is no way I can add one in for someone else. If you decide to start this business, I will send people your way!

    ReplyDelete